London, Ontario, Canada
President, London North Centre Provincial Liberal Association, or designate
The London North Centre Provincial Liberal Association is hiring multiple temporary, part-time Field Organizers to help elect Kate Graham as our Member of Provincial Parliament in June 2022.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for politics and are committed to ensuring an open, welcoming, and supportive environment for volunteers in our movement. If you want to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, empower Londoners to engage in the democratic process, and play an active role in promoting Liberal values, then we want to hear from you!
As a Field Organizer, you will be part of our local team, organizing volunteers to build our movement through conversations with voters and grassroots fundraising. Success in this position depends on capturing the energy and ideas of volunteers. You will help empower and grow the movement that is working to elect a new Liberal government.
- You should be energetic, organized, and comfortable with public speaking.
- Goal-oriented and self-disciplined; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask.
- Possess a working knowledge of Ontario politics and the values that bring us together as Liberals.
- Passionate about raising money for a good cause.
- Experience using social media platforms to engage an online audience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good technical skills and the ability to problem solve in the moment.
- Love learning new things and sharing your knowledge with others.
- Your primary responsibility is to organize volunteers to facilitate fundraising, voter contact, and movement building.
- Identifying, motivating, and training local volunteers and volunteer leaders.
- Planning and management of fundraising, voter contact and movement building activities.
- Regularly hosting online and in-person (if/when safe) training sessions and team meetings.
- Meeting clear goals for voter contact and engagement in London North Centre, by phone and (if/when safe) door-to-door.
- Meeting clear goals to increase the number of Future Fund donors in London North Centre.
- Assisting in maintaining Kate Graham’s and the London North Centre Provincial Liberal Association’s online and social media presence.
- Responding to voter inquiries by phone, email and on social media.
- Ensuring all voter, fundraising and volunteer engagement data is captured in Liberalist.
- Actively contribute toward building culture which is fun, inclusive and accepting to all people, with zero tolerance for any form of bullying, harassment or discrimination.
- Other duties as required.
- Irregular hours.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Fast-paced, dynamic environment.
This is a temporary part-time, paid position from January to April (up to 14 weeks). There is flexibility in start and end dates and number of hours per week. There is also potential for renewal during the campaign writ period (May 4 - June 2, 2022). The stipend is $20/hr.
The London North Centre Provincial Liberal Association encourages applications from all qualified candidates and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. The successful candidate must have received two or more doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada. To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to Mackenzy at [email protected] by 5:00 PM on Friday, January 21, 2022.